Throughout his twelve-year music career, Javier Mendoza has been working hard and patiently waiting for his big break. Born in Virginia, raised in Spain and now living in St. Louis Missouri, Javier continues to create and perform his amazing music. His creativity and perseverance are easy to see in his evolution from a songwriter for Warner Chappell in 1996 to a full time singer, songwriter, and performer today.
Javier has received many honors throughout his career. He was a finalist in the Independent Music Awards 2007, won best St. Louis World Music and Pop Artist 2000-2004, became a Budweiser True Music artist in 2005, had songs featured on MTV's Real World, has multiple magazine features and live performances on several TV shows. He has also worked with some of the best musicians in the region and shared the stage with the likes of Willie Nelson, Blues Traveler, Everclear, Los Lobos, and The Roots.
In November of 2009, Mendoza released his most recent albums, "You" and "Tu" in English and Spanish.
With 8 albums spanning ten years Javier demonstrates that he knows where he comes from and where he is going. On each CD he combines new influences, new musical inspirations and life experiences with the common thread of hope for the future. His dedication to creating new and different material and his passion for live performance keeps bringing the fans back again and again. Whether he's playing for 10 people or a crowd of 10,000, Javier makes each show unforgettable. The physical and emotional energy he delivers is truly amazing and must be experienced to be believed.
The approaching 10th anniversary of his first album, Tinta y Papel and reflection on his twelve year journey have inspired Javier to begin work on his 9th studio CD. Rather than focusing primarily on the future he is focusing on "Now" and how incredible the journey of life can be if you let it. For Javier living in the "Now" is about personal growth, working with great musicians, new fans, long time fans, and welcoming all that life has to offer without hesitation. When the big record labels come knocking Javier will be ready, but until then he plans to make the most of every second.
* Readers Choice Tied Winner of 2009 Best Male Vocalist in River Front Times Music Awards
* Performed National Anthem at Home Opening Game for the St. Louis Rams in 2009
* Voted One of Colleges Hottest Artists for 2009 by Campus Magazine
* Finalist in the 2007 Independent Music Awards
* Won KDHX Audience Award for best Latin Artist in Saint Louis' 2006 Music Awards
* Nominated for Best Vocalist on the 2006 Independent Online Music Awards
* 2005 Budweiser True Music Artist
* Voted Best World and Pop Artist in St. Louis 2000-2004
* Has had 7 songs featured on MTV's Real World 2000-2005
* Has played with The Roots, Los Lobos, Ben Folds, G-Love, Willie Nelson, The Smithereens and more
* Has played over 100 colleges in over 20 states & is a regular in the U.S. club scene
* Was a semifinalist at the Independent Music World Series Conference in 2003
* 'Join The Party' was voted one of MECA Conference's best songs in Chicago in 2004
* Has performed at the Mid Atlantic, Northern Plains and North East NACA conferences
* Former Warner-Chappell songwriter
* Performed for Pope John Paul II in 1999